This blog, her life in bloom, began as a way for me to document my life since I have an absolutely terrible memory. When I'm 80 years old, and almost fully bloomed, I'd like to be able to look back (if the Internet is even still a thing by then) and read about random bits of my life. Soon after starting this blog, I also started an adventure that moved me to Romania in March 2015. You can read more about how that all started, and then continued, HERE and HERE.
However you came to find this blog, I hope you'll stick around for awhile. To entice you, I've created a list of ten extremely random facts about myself. Enjoy :)
1. Back to Gilmore Girls, I'm Team Jess. I think that's an important fact to know about me.
2. My high school mascot was a pretzel. One of our slogans was "You can eat us, but you can't beat us!"...yeah, we're pretty cool.
3. I ate a donut ice cream sandwich one time and it was EPIC.
4. I'm a sucker for lists...to-do lists, pro/con lists, BuzzFeed lists, wish lists, random facts about oneself lists, etc.
5. When I really like a song, I listen to it over and over again for weeks until I get so sick of it that I can't listen to it anymore. Then, after a few months, I can usually tolerate it again.
6. I was the yearbook editor in high school and college, as well as the yearbook adviser at the high school I worked at for 2.5 years (as a school social worker) after grad school.
7. I can count to ten in English (native language), Spanish (took two years in high school), Romanian (lived here since March 2015), and Arabic (worked in a refugee camp for one of the best months of my life in March 2016).
8. Another Gilmore Girls fact was inevitable. I've watched the entire series more times than I can count. When I finish it, I try to take a break, but then I end up "missing them" so I start over again.
9. Never, in a million years, did I ever think that I'd live (for an extended period of time) in a foreign country, and yet, here I am. Sometimes, as I'm walking around town, I feel like this has to be some other girl's life.
10. I'm not the best blogger, but I like sharing my thoughts when I find the time to write them down. Hope you enjoy them too!
|On the Black Sea in Constanța, Romania|
|In my second hometown of Sighișoara, Romania|